Friday 5 June 2015

I love...

...the feeling when you read a truly wonderful book. It feels sort of like this:

- your throat constricts, your head feels heavy and your eyes water like you're about to cry;
- everything moves around you in slow motion, and you forget about the rest of the world and even the rest of your life;
- there is a very profound sense that something important is happening in these moments;
- you feel at peace.

I have experienced no greater joy than reading a good book. It's positively life-affirming. It opens your mind to the vast and beautiful possibilities that are available.

(In case you were wondering...highly recommend!)


Other people can go and bungee jump and drink and run around to get their kicks. I will continue to live inside my head.

Side bonus: after I finish I book, I start to narrate everything that's happening around me.

"I stare outside the window and look at the bright blue sky, the white clouds floating by, and the tree gently swaying in the wind. Everything seems very distant to me; they are there, and I am here, separate from them."

I am inspired by reading, but my writing is not inspiring...geddit?

No comments:

Post a Comment