Saturday 6 June 2015

Ben

I would like to dedicate my post to Ben.

Ben is my boyfriend. He is silly and cuddly. He makes me laugh every day, and makes me feel loved every second. He is the perfect combination of spontaneous, romantic and intelligent.


(Here is Ben. I also think he is very handsome...but I might be the only one)

I felt a bit frustrated today. Nothing seemed to go as planned, and I was beginning to spiral into negativity. My narrative went something like this:

Wake up.
Too lazy to start revising. 
Lie in bed and go on computer.
Stay in bed for hours, do nothing and feel guilty.
Go to a coffee shop with Ben.
Feel annoyed at the service.
Feel shocked when we get the bill.
Go home and revise for hours until I am brain dead.
Watch mindless TV and feel frustrated.
Watch the film adaption of Anna Karenina and feel like my brain is turning to static.
Go to bed in a terrible mood because I have spent the entire day revising, topped off by watching grotesque and indulgent film adaption of a great novel.

I knew I had to blog before going to bed, so I tried to think of something positive. Then I realised I could change my narrative into something like this:

Wake up.
Lie in bed and go on the computer.
Sleep in and relax before starting revision.
Spend a lovely morning in bed with Ben.
Go to a coffee shop with Ben, who offers to carry my heavy revision material.
Enjoy exploring the quirky shops in Shoreditch on the way to the coffee shop.
Go into a chocolate shop and get a free sample. (Which was delicious. I completely forget about this!)
Find the coffee shop and relax in each other's company while waiting for our coffee and food to arrive.
Admire the atmosphere.
Eat and start some light revision.
Ben kindly offers to pay the bill, and carries my bag again.
Go home and revise for hours until I am brain dead.
Ben goes out and buys the ingredients to cook me dinner, which I have requested.
After eating, Ben cleans up immediately without me nagging him.
Watch mindless TV and feel frustrated.
Watch the film adaption of Anna Karenina and feel like my brain is turning to static.
Go to bed in a terrible mood because I have spent the entire day revising, topped off by watching grotesque and indulgent film adaption of a great novel.
Start writing my blog and realise Ben has done multiple nice things for me throughout the day, and I haven't taken the time to appreciate them.
Feel happier.

Revision and TV may still suck, but my boyfriend is truly one of a kind. 

Thank you Ben for being eternally thoughtful and adoring to me. You can't beat the revision blues, but you came close. I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment