Monday 29 June 2015

Be Kind

Today was my first day back at work. It's the first time I've only had to focus on work without any other obligations- like studying, planning my vacation or looking for houses. Surprisingly I adjusted quite well, and I was fairly productive up until around 3pm when I lost my motivation and got a headache. My headache lasted all the way up until now, so I ended up lazing around in my room watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (my guilty pleasure!)

It's nearly bedtime, and I haven't done any of the things I hoped to do. I wanted to do yoga and read in bed. When I was walking home from work I had a very vivid vision of myself curled up in bed with a cup of tea reading my newest book, 'Awaken the Giant Within' by Tony Robbins. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out that way, and I now feel restless and annoyed with myself. My first evening to myself- and I wasted it! Still, there's no point in negativity. I need to remind myself:

BE KIND!!!

Negativity does serve a purpose in our lives. It tells us when we are doing something we are not comfortable with. It helps guide our decisions, and teaches us what not to do. It's important to respect negativity, and to put effort in towards understanding it. It's also equally important for us to not let negativity overwhelm us.

Why am I feeling negatively right now? I'm upset that I used my time in what I see as a non-productive way. I wanted to do something good for me- like exercise, or relax. Instead, I spent my time watching a show that doesn't contribute towards my life at all. I have pent up energy that I haven't used, and I'm upset that my day is over before I feel like it even started. 

What should I do next time? Firstly, although watching RHOBH isn't 'productive', it isn't necessarily bad either. I do enjoy it, and it does help me relax. Perhaps I spent too much of my time watching it today, but I shouldn't beat myself up over it. I have no pressing obligations. Next time, I should rest to alleviate my headache, and then spend my time doing something I know I won't regret, like an exercise video.

No comments:

Post a Comment