Sunday 13 September 2015

Questions for myself...

Q: What does abundance mean to you and how abundant do you feel in your life right now? How could you strengthen your beliefs of abundance?

A:

To me, abundance means plentifulness, combined with a feeling of contentment. The word 'abundance' conjures up images of piles of fresh fruit and vegetables, waiting to be shared with everyone. I imagine an abundant life to be one filled with simple pleasures, such as a loving family, good friendships, interesting hobbies and lots of love and kindness. Not necessarily exciting, but fulfilling and meaningful.


I often think about how I feel about the state of my life. My life has been characterised by a need to constantly be searching and improving. Towards what, I can't describe. I have no concrete goals, like 'own a house by 30' or 'save 25% of my income.' It's a very intuitive feeling within me- a feeling of peace with the structure of my life. At the moment, I am far from this feeling, but at the same time, I feel excited that I have made some much progress towards it. I'm proud of the steps I've made, and how well I have gotten to know myself. I have the unlimited love of my boyfriend Ben, who I am so happy with. I have the support of my friend Angela, who understands me. I have my other friends, who have known me for so long and care about me. I have the financial means to do pretty much whatever I choose to do. I have my job, which I am not passionate about, but have learnt a lot from. I have my mentors, who believe in me and believe in my impact. So while there are definitely issues I need to work on, at the moment I do feel like my life is abundant and full. 


When I am in a positive mood, I look at all the progress I have made and all the opportunities available to me, and I feel energised and grateful. When I am in a negative mood, I look at all the things I would like to change and all the work I would need to change it, I feel lost. To maintain my feelings of abundance, I need to invest a lot of energy into my self-care. I have booked therapy lessons to help reconcile my feelings towards my family, and to help create boundaries and reduce my anxiety in my life, which is a significant step towards improving my life that I am excited about. I also need to exercise regularly and eat healthily. I need to reduce my spending and have a more minimal life, so I feel better about my financial situation and meet my savings goals. I need to spend lots of quality time with Ben, since he makes me happy. I need to see my friends regularly. I need to continue to write and work towards my long-term goals. If I do all these things, they will contribute towards me living a diverse and plentiful life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment