Friday 24 July 2015

Busy Bee

It has been 15 days since I last published a blog post. Note: I didn't say wrote, I said published. I actually wrote a few posts when I was at work, but I never got around to submitting them. When I'm in the mood and have spare time, I write when I'm at work. I don't like publishing anything on my work computer, though. I actually think it's against our company policy. Still, I've written far less than I've wanted to.

The past few weeks have been HECTIC. Work has been pretty crazy. Things haven't been going well on my project. To tell you the truth, they sort of imploded. I do not like criticism or tight deadlines, and I've had to deal with both. Although I've been learning a lot, it's put me in a bad frame of mind. I actually took today off as sick. I've started to get a cold and, to be honest, I need today off for my mental health. I need some time to get grounded and start feeling like me again. I haven't been sleeping well and I've been feeling stressed and distracted. I'm hoping I can use today and the rest of the weekend to focus on my self-care.

It's raining today, and I'm by myself in the house. I normally love these quiet, rainy days. I like to putter around the house, drink tea, go on my computer, exercise and read. Today, I feel antsy. I keep on checking my phone and computer, and wasting time online. I can't concentrate on anything. I feel equally energetic and lethargic at the same time. I need to exercise, but I feel too lazy.

I think of my mind and body as a finely calibrated tool. When things start to unravel in my life, I can feel it almost instantly. All these symptoms are a sure sign that I've been pushing myself too much, and that I need a break. I need to get back to feeling like ME again. That means, catching up on my sleep, doing exercise, eating healthily, reading inspiring material, thinking deeply and being quiet.

I can't wait to feel like myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment